By: Auxilia|May 6, 2020
You have no doubt heard about a massage therapist, but you may be wondering: what does a massage therapist do exactly? In this blog post, we will delve into how a massage therapist can help you.
Continue reading to learn more about how a massage therapist can help you relieve stress and pain during rehabilitation after an accident. As well as learn how massage therapy can help you reduce daily stress and chronic pain.
What a Massage Therapist Does for You
What does a massage therapist do? The simple answer is that a massage therapist is someone who is trained to treat clients by manipulating soft-tissue and muscles with their hands, forearms, elbows, and more. Massage therapists can help relieve pain and rehabilitate injuries, reduce stress, increase relaxation, reduce chronic pain, and aid in overall wellness.
Here are just a few of the things a massage therapist will do for you when you are visiting a professional:
- Discuss your symptoms and your desired results, as well as evaluate pain-points.
- Manipulate muscles and other soft tissues to relieve pain and stress.
- Provide you with guidance on how to improve your muscle pain and joint pain at home.
A massage can be anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour or more. Massage therapists can practice in many different kinds of modalities, from deep-tissue massages to sports massages. On such modality is massage therapy for rehabilitation.
Massage Therapy for Rehabilitation
Despite misconceptions, massage therapy is not used just to relieve stress and to enhance relaxation. Massage therapy offers medical benefits that can help improve the health and wellbeing of an individual while relieving chronic pain.
For thousands of years, massage therapy has been helping patients treat their injuries; since it’s inception, it has aided millions in pain relief. Massage therapy can help with rehabilitation after an incident, such as a car accident. With an expertly trained massage therapist who has experience dedicated to massage therapy for rehabilitation, someone in a lot of pain can recover faster.
Massage therapy for rehabilitation has been shown to aid in:
- Relaxing muscles: If you have neck or back pain, massage therapy can get to the root of the pain by relaxing stiff muscles.
- Improving the range of motion of joints: After an accident, joints can tighten; massage therapy can improve mobility.
- relieving stress and enhancing relaxation: Managing stress levels is important for overall health and wellbeing, as well as relieving stress.
Schauder Chiropractic & Wellness Center
Now that you have an answer to “what does a massage therapist do?” it’s time for you to think about the importance of massage therapy for rehabilitation and find the right massage therapy professional for you. Schauder Chiropractic & Wellness Center offers massage and rehabilitation therapy in Orlando. For over thirty years, Schauder Chiropractic & Wellness Center has been offering patients the following comprehensive services: